For contractors, social media is a virtually cost-free way to spread the word and find new business—if you do it right. Having a strong social media presence means you’ll get more calls and more qualified leads, clients who are ready to schedule your next job.
Spahn & Rose Blog
Composite decking is a great way to refresh an aging deck or build a new one that will last for decades. As a leading building materials supplier in the Midwest, Spahn & Rose partners with two composite decking suppliers—Fiberon and Trex—to help you design and build your next great outdoor project.(more…)
You want to re-paint your home but maybe you don’t know where to start? Or, maybe you do have painted a few times but could use a little help. Either way, here is some advice on picking out the right finish for the room you are painting.
Not sure what to post on your Facebook business page? You’re not alone. Don’t waste time posting content that won’t get looked at or trying to come up with something brilliant. Make it easy with these 6 tips for Facebook post content!
If its not the heat, it is the midwest humidity. Working outdoors in the summer isn’t the most pleasant experience. But if your job requires it, it can go from unpleasant, to unsafe in a hurry.
Your body is designed to cool itself naturally, but when your exposed to extreme heat for a long period of time, the body has trouble keeping up with the dehydration. The Mayo Clinic provides these heat-related illnesses and warning signs:
- Heat cramps can be an early warning sign of heat-related illness.
- Heat exhaustion symptoms include increased body temp and cold, clammy skin. Untreated, it can lead to heatstroke.
- Heatstroke is life-threatening and can cause brain damage, organ failure or even death. Body temp goes over 104 degrees. The victim may stop sweating even though the skin is hot and could also become confused or irritable. Medical attention is critical.
- Major warning signs of heat-related illness include muscle cramps, nausea or vomiting, weakness, headache, dizziness, confusion.
Avoiding the heat
Not everyone reacts to heat exposure that same way. If your employees work in hot conditions, they should know the related risks and preventative measures so they can protect themselves.
- Pace yourself when working in heat.
- Hydrate with plenty of water or sports drinks – no alcohol or caffeine.
- Dress appropriately with light-colored, lightweight, loose fitted clothing, including a hat if possible.
- Stay out of midday sun when possible. Work harder in the early AM and cooler parts of the day. Take breaks in the shade.
- Wear sunscreen. Sunburns make it harder to cool down.
- Certain medical conditions or medications can make you more vulnerable to heat related illness.
- Keep an eye on coworkers. If someone is showing these symptoms, notify your supervisor immediately.
Be confident. You don’t have to have a marketing degree to be good with social media. The point of the page is to get your name out there and give people an easy to way to contact you. Taking a simple approach is a good place to start, but it can be a lot of fun! Share ideas, make it person and don’t sell! That is the simplest solution to your Facebook experience. Managing a Facebook page shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes a day. All you have to do is follow the rules:
Spahn & Rose Lumber Co. offers more much than just lumber. With a wide variety of interior and exterior building materials, Spahn & Rose has partnerships with industry-leading brands, such as GAF, one of the country’s most popular shingle brands. With extensive knowledge of GAF shingles, Spahn & Rose experts designed a guide to help contractors in Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin install GAF Timberline® roofing shingles, part of the GAF Roofing System.(more…)
The skilled labor shortage within the industry has been around for many years now. I’d say around 11 years now, dating back to 2006 when things started to take a turn for the worse. The thing is, this issue is just as of recent really becoming a concern amongst various people, firms, and companies within the industry. Why did it take so long for this issue to become serious? Has this problem been affecting you for some time?
Ahh yes, the kitchen! It is where everyone naturally gravitates to in your home. Whether you are having a party with friends over, or just living another day with the family. It is quite the phenomenon if you actually think about it.